BASKETBALL - Best Video Practices
In order to maximize your stat breakdown experience, there are a few “video best practices” to implement for your program. It is important to (a) upload a complete game, (b) have a clear recording of the court and player’s jersey numbers, and (c) upload in the highest video quality possible as this will increase the accuracy of stats and prevent the video from being rejected.
- Have your camera located at center court in an elevated position. The camera can be placed on the bleachers and/or in the stands, but make sure it’s close enough so that player jersey numbers are recognizable.
- Keep your camera close to the action in order to get a clear view of the player’s jersey numbers. If the camera is too far away, some jersey numbers will be unrecognizable.
- Make sure the video is in focus during the recording.
- Capture the half-court set for each team.
- Follow the action at all times (follow the ball), as this will allow statisticians to accurately determine what happens during the possession.
- Get a shot of the scoreboard as much as possible. This can be done during breaks in the action (timeouts, end of quarter/half, etc.). It is especially important to get a shot of the scoreboard at the end of each quarter and/or at halftime.
- Record the scorers table during player substitutions. Recording the incoming and outgoing players will ensure that a statistician can identify player changes on the court.
- Show the referee/official after a foul is called. The statistician will be able to identify what player the foul was called on.
Two of the most important aspects are recording the scoreboard and substitutions. This allows us to follow the game and provide a more accurate breakdown of individual stats.
BASKETBALL - My Video Player Icons 2.0
Along the bottom of the video player, you will see multiple icons. We will go through the icons in three sections from left to right: SECTION 1: In the first section, you will find the icons relating to the playing, pausing, fast forward, rewinding, ...
BASKETBALL - My Video Page Icons 2.0
The first button you will find is the add button at the very top. Clicking this will give you two options: The two options are to create an event, or a new folder: Clicking New Event will open a Create New Game screen. Fill out the information here ...
BASKETBALL - How do I create highlights? 2.0
How do I create highlights? The most important advice we can provide is to click the grey save button after each time you add anything to ensure your work saves. We would hate to see all of your hard work be lost and/or published due to not using the ...
BASKETBALL - QwikTags 2.0
Creating highlights has never been easier! This is a great way for athletes and/or coaches to easily mark a favorite or special play in the game. You can then use QwikTags later to easily build your highlights. Three awesome features about the ...
BASKETBALL - How to move games, scout games and practice to different season - 2.0
This can be done from the My Video page AND the Manage Video page. From My Video: Locate the game, scout game or practice that you are wanting to move: Click on the game and then click the edit/pencil icon: Make sure the information is correct and ...