The most important advice we can provide is to click the grey save button after each time you add anything to ensure your work saves. We would hate to see all of your hard work be lost and/or published due to not using the save button.
***** ATHLETES - PLEASE BE ADVISED YOU CAN ONLY CREATE A HIGHLIGHT TOTALING 3 MINUTES (180 SECONDS) *****
To create a highlight, click on the Highlights page and click the '+ Create New Highlight' button:
- To name your highlight, click on the top tab and write the name of your highlight at the top left.
- You can also select whether you would like to publish your highlight in the Highlight Hub. If you want it private, uncheck this box.
Custom Title Slide - Name your highlight and select your title screen option; default title screen, no title screen or custom title screen:
- Select the Title Screen Settings button to show the menu
- to add a custom title to be played at the beginning of your highlight, click the '+Add to Highlight' icon.
- the title slide will appear at the beginning of your highlight on the screen for 2 seconds and vanish.
- Enter the information that you want to add, once you are satisfied, click the green update button:
Adding Clips - click on Video:
If you have not yet started utilizing QwikTags, you will have to go game by game to select film.
To manually add clips, utilize the Qwik Capture feature, which grabs 3 seconds before and 7 seconds after.
- If you want/need to shorten or lengthen the clip, click on the green and red handles from the scrub bar. Once you are satisfied with the clip, click the blue '+ Add to Timeline' button and continue this process until you have everything added to your timeline:
Click the Add Video button on the timeline to open the options to open up the clip menu:
Here you will see a list of all your QwikTags that you made on games. Select one of these QwikTags, trim it to the start and end point that you like and click Add to Highlights. You will also have an option to select from your games list, playlists, as well as the media library.
The best practice is to click the grey save button as you add each clip as a precaution to eliminate losing any of your work!
Add Music - to add music, you will click on Music under the Media banner. From here, you can:
- The left button will allow you to preview the song before adding it
- The right checkmark button will allow you to add the song to the timeline
The song will be added to the timeline in orange:
If you are satisfied with the song, click the grey Save button. If you want to remove the song, scroll on the timeline to the end to click the Red Trash can button.
Add Images - you can add individual photos, team photos, photos from practices, games, team outing, banquets, etc.:
- To add images, you will click the Add Video button on the timeline. Instead off adding a QwikTag, click the Team Media Library tab.
- Select the image or video you would like to add to the timeline and click Add To Highlight.
To move the a clip or image on the timeline, click on the clip so that it is bordered red. Click the arrow buttons above the timeline to move it.
At this point, if you are finished with adding film to your highlight, click the green publish button and an auto generated message will appear in a box will appear immediately after:
You will receive an email notification when your highlight in published and ready to view.
Once your highlight is published, you may go back and edit at anytime to add or remove clips/images/music as needed by completing the previous steps and republishing.
Are you a graduate or soon to be graduate that wants access to your high school film? No sweat, for just $4.95 year, we've got your back!
As always, if you are experiencing difficulty, please reach out to our support
team that is available 24-7/365 for Qwik assistance!