Video Best Practices - Basketball
In order to maximize your stat breakdown experience, there are a few “video best practices” to implement for your program. It is important to (a) upload a complete game, (b) have a clear recording of the court and player’s jersey numbers, and (c) upload in the highest video quality possible as this will increase the accuracy of stats and prevent the video from being rejected.
- Have your camera located at center court in an elevated position. The camera can be placed on the bleachers and/or in the stands, but make sure it’s close enough so that player jersey numbers are recognizable.
- Keep your camera close to the action in order to get a clear view of the player’s jersey numbers. If the camera is too far away, some jersey numbers will be unrecognizable.
- Make sure the video is in focus during the recording.
- Capture the half-court set for each team.
- Follow the action at all times (follow the ball), as this will allow statisticians to accurately determine what happens during the possession.
- Get a shot of the scoreboard as much as possible. This can be done during breaks in the action (timeouts, end of quarter/half, etc.). It is especially important to get a shot of the scoreboard at the end of each quarter and/or at halftime.
- Record the scorers table during player substitutions. Recording the incoming and outgoing players will ensure that a statistician can identify player changes on the court.
- Show the referee/official after a foul is called. The statistician will be able to identify what player the foul was called on.
Two of the most important aspects are recording the scoreboard and substitutions. This allows us to follow the game and provide a more accurate breakdown of individual stats.
My Video Player Icons
Along the bottom of the video player, you will see multiple icons, we will go through the icons in three sections from left to right. In the first section, you will find the icons relating to the playing, pausing, fast forward and rewinding of the ...
My Video Page Icons
Here you will find an explanation of the various icons that you will come across on the My Video page for football. The first set of icons you will see are as follows: 1.) Download Game- The download buttons allows you to send yourself a download ...
How do I download a video to my computer?
To download a game, you will need to request the download from the web platform (you can also do this within the QwitCut App in your phone). Within a few minutes, an email link will be sent to the email address that is one file with the account. The ...
How to edit/intercut a video
From your My Video page, select the game you are wanting to edit/intercut and locate the gear icon all the way to the right: Then you will select Edit/Intercut Video: This screen will appear while it is preparing your videos to appear: Your videos ...
Video Tutorial - Filming and Uploading for Basketball (and other continuous sports) Using the QwikCut Access App
Open the QwikCut Access app, login, & select the team/season you're wanting to record for (click the menu button in the upper left corner after logging in if it is not already on the correct season) Click the game on your schedule you wish to record ...